Tyangboche Family Trekking allows the discovery of the Khumbu region and of Mt. Everest, as Solukhumbu is famous for its vicinity with the world’s highest mountain, as well as for its Sherpa villages, Sherpa people’s tradition and culture, among which are the Khumbu famous buddhist monasteries.
The trail to the Everest base camp follows the ancient Everest route that crosses many tiny Sherpa villages, goes through high mountain passes and follows remote valleys where the monasteries are found. The panoramic views are even more spectacular as trekkers venture up the Dudhkoshi River to Namche Bazaar, the place, at 3440 m, from which the Everest region trek or the Khumbu region trek start . From there, voyagers stop at least one night at the Thyangboche monastery, at 3870 m, where they enjoy spectacular views of the Thame valley, of Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Everest, Towache Peak, of Mt. Lhotse and of many more others.
Day02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or activity as per program, O/N in hotel.
Day03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2827m), 25 minutes, trek to Phakding (2600m), 3 hours, O/N in lodge
Day04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) through Jorsalle village (2805m), 6 hours.
Day05: Day off for acclimatization in Namche Bazaar or Excursion to the Everest View hotel, to Khujung and Khunde villages, view of Khunde Peak, back to Namche-Bazaar, in the same lodge.
Day06: Trek to Phorche Village (366m) via Phunki Thanga (3200m), 5 hours
Day07: Trek to Tyangbocge (3870m) via Pangboche, 3 hours
Day08: Trek to Namche Bazaar, 3 hours
Day09: Trek to Phakding, 5 hours
Day10: Trek to Lukla, 3 hours, O/N in hotel
Day11: Free day at your own or some activities as per itinerary and contract.
Day12: Final departure from Kathmandu for your further destination.
- Airport to hotel transport service
- Hotel accommodation and sightseeing with monument entrance fees in Kathmandu as per program.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight tickets
- Domestic airport tax
- Three time meals during the day
- Hot drinks: Tea/Coffee
- Lodge accommodation during the trek
- TIMS Cards and Sagarmatha National Park entrance fee
- Nepali staffs: Guide, assistants, Cook and porter with their food, salary, transportation and insurance
- Applicable government tax
- Rescue evacuation in emergency.
- International flight tickets and airport tax
- Travel insurance
- Personal habits and expenses
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic and cold drinks
- Hot and mineral water
- Changes in itinerary caused by natural incident: landslide, flight delays, political disturbance,
- Other costs which are not mentioned in service included.
Duration of trekking: 8 days Tyangboche family trekking
Trek season: mid-September to mid-December and February to mid-May
Accommodation: Tea house/Lodge
Trek starts and ends at Lukla (2840m)
Highest elevation: 3870m Tyangbopche
Airport service: By private vehicle.
Trekking highlights: discovery of Kathmandu at arrival and transfer to hotel. Flight to Lukla with awesome mountain views of Khumbu and Himalaya, walk from Lukla at first through Tamang village ( one of the regional ethnic group), heading to Namche Bazaar through Phakding village, hiking to Khunde and Khumjung villages for stunning mountain views from the Everest View Hotel. Discovery of Tyangboche.Treks ends at Lukla.