Terms and Conditions of Trip Booking
The trip booking Terms and Conditions contain important information. That is why one should read them carefully and understand them. The Trip Booking Terms and Conditions constitute a legal contract binding Glacier Family Treks & Expedition (hereafter GFT&E) and its client (hereafter the client) for the services provided and set out the basis of the legal relationship between the client and GFT&E.
- Booking and Payment:
- To process a booking, the client must send GFT&E a complete booking form with a provision of 25% of th final cost for trekking, 30% for peak climbing and expeditions, 25 % for sightseeing or cultural visits, white-water rafting, jungle safari etc.., as a non-refundable deposit (see below for details). This will constitute acceptance by the client of the terms and conditions of the contract. A photocopy of each passport main page has to be sent to the GFT&E Kathmandu office (tel: 00977-1-4372453). After reception of the passport photocopy, the completed booking form and the non-refundable provision, GFT&E will send te client the final confirmation receipt.
- All deposits required are per person per trip. Please, contact GFT&Eregarding direct deposit details. A bank service charge should be paid at the time of deposit. GFT&E will have a receipt of the deposit amount from our bank.
- The remaining balance is required before the trip departure date. GFT&E reserves the right to cancel the trip, should the full amount not be paid on time.
- GGFT&E will not accept any draft cheque that takes a long process to be balanced.
- Cancellation and Trip Booking Changes:
- When the trip is confirmed and the full payment done, cancellation by the client due to personal problem a fee of 15% of the total cost will be payable to GFT&E.
- In case circumstances, such as flight canncelation due to bad weather, landslide or political problems prevent the start the trip, GFT&E wiil propose organizing a similar trip. If the client wants to cancel the booked trip and not to use the proposed replacement trip, GFT&E will deduct the costs for permits, land transportation, domestic flight tickets, hotel, tax, service charge etc. and refund the rest to the client.
- If the client is prevented to travel by genuine circumstances, for examples (not exhaustive) death, injury or serious illness of the client or a close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, he may postpone or transfer the booking to another person, provided the latter meets all the requirements relating to the tour. The client must provide a proof for why he is are unable to travel at the time he changes his booking. A fee of $100.00US per person wiil be required if the cancelation postpone or transfer of the tour takes place no less than two weeks prior the trip departure. There will be no options available 14 days before trip departure.
- Changes to your Holiday and Pricing:
GFT&E requires a degree of flexibility, good humor and understanding if the mode of transport, the accommodation and the itineraries change, even after the tour has started, without prior notice due to local circumstances such as flight delay or cancellation due to notorious weather in the Himalayan regions or other unpredictable circumstances: landslides, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest or delayed arrival etc. GFT&E is unable to refund any money under the above circumstances due to prior supplier arrangements. If possible, GFT&E will always endeavor to provide an alternative or substitute trip of same category.
- Money will not be refundable if the client interrupts the trip due to walking rate (too fast or too slow) , tiredness, illness or any reason. GFT&E will not to provide extra hotel nights, or meal etc.
- GFT&E does not accept any responsibility for redundancy, delays or compensation resulting from situations beyond its control.
- The holidays, tour / trek packages, are based on twin share accommodation. Therefore, single room supplement charge will be imposed to clients who do not have another tour participant to share accommodation with.
- GFT&E reserves the right to revise pricing rates as posted in its marketing material under any circumstances, or under the pressure of various external elements out of its control, for instance change in exchange rate, government action etc.
- All clients must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from return date. Nepalese visas can be obtained from the Nepalese Consulate in the country of origin or on arrival in Kathmandu Airport. Nepalese visa cost is the sole responsibility of the client.
Visa Fees and Requirements:
- The fee for a Single Entry Tourist Visa for 60 days is US $60 or equivalent in foreign currency.
- Additional $50 grants multiple entry visas
- Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum of 150 days. Visa extension fee for 30 days is US $ 40
- To apply for visa, you need a valid passport, and two passport size photos
- Business Visa fee is US$ 100 for one year with multiple re-entry and US$ 250 for five years with multiple re-entries.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all clients undertaking any tour, trekking or another kinds of activities rafting, peak climbing etc. It should provide adequate protection for the full duration of the tour to cover personal injury, death, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, helicopter rescue, air ambulance and adequate cover for baggage.
- Health & Fitness:
All our Nepal tours and treks require a good level of fitness. Therefore, the client should always check with his local GP regarding his health and fitness before he travels. It is the client’s responsibility to notify to GFT&E of any pre-existing medical/physical conditions and/or disability that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk to require medical attention, that may in turn affect his ability to travel.
A legal guardian must accompany all travelers under the age of sixteen. Please contact GFT&EI for any question or further information regarding age and suitability.
The client agrees that GFT&E may use images taken during the trip, for publicity and promotion purposes only, through whatever medium it chooses without his permission and without compensation .
In order to collect some information from the client to make a booking through GFT&E, questions wiil have to be asked to obtain the necessary permits etc. No private or personal information supplied when making the booking will be disclosed for any other purposes.
- Risk & Liabilities:
GFT&E is committed providing the best services which will give the client once in a life time journey isatisfaction. GFT&E performs its duties honestly and seriously to make the journey very smooth and pleasant. However, it is a fact that the entire programs in Nepal are conducted strictly under the rules and regulation of their local policies.
So, GFT&E and its related organizations shall not be held responsible for any changes in the itinerary or program due to unpredictable circumstances such as government restriction, landslide, road blockage, flood, heavy snow fall, political unrest, flight cancellation, delay, sickness or accident. Any extra cost resulting from these circumstances tshall be borne by the clients on the spots.
- Our Responsible Tourism Policy:
GFT&E is re-inventing tourism for the benefit of local people, tourists, environment and the tourism industry at large. The client is asked to read its Responsible Travel and Ethnic Tourism policy in detail before booking the holiday, it is expected that hewill adhere to its policy and guidelines while traveling with it.
GFT&E requests its clients to make comments to its staffs through its local tour leader/guide if they appreciate them. Also, if its local staffs would would not behave properly, the clients are welcome to make some complaints to them. This is a way for them to change and be more serious and professional in their duties.
- Where and How to Transfer Trip Deposit:
Tourism Development Bank P. Ltd.
New Road Branch,
SWIFT CODE NO: TDBLNPKA, Mashreq Bank, London
ACCOUNT NO: 009 009 0000 25301
US$ Dollar Bank Account
ACCOUNT HOLDER NAME:
Glacier Family Treks & Expedition P. Ltd.